Yeah, 30. THIRTY.
I bet you didn’t know that this many literary devices even exist but they sure do. Not all of them are essential but they can all be used if you feel the need for it.
Or more likely if your teacher feels the need for it. And as a writer, you or your professor will need to use these devices to write my essay. Particularly literature papers.
So, be prepared to go through a long, long journey. Stay tuned and you will find out all about the thirty most important literary devices like ever.
So, here they are….
- This is called indirect comparison because here two unrelated subjects are compared to each other by using words like “as”, “like” etc.
- This is called a direct comparison because here we simply compare two objects directly.
- This is used when an object represents a real-life concept, thought, or idea.
- This is used to give a vivid and visual description of any object in the text.
- In this one, what we do is that we give the characteristics of a human to an inanimate object.
- This is basically making things dramatic as in hyperbole we exaggerate things to give it a big effect.
- Ok, so in this, essay writer service take two ideas that are different from one another and place them together.
- Here a thing like an object or even a feeling is described in the opposite language to create humor.
- This is basically a reference. If we refer to something or something in literature then it is called an allusion.
- A paradox is like a juxtaposition except that in a paradox things that seem different can be similar too.
- This is a type of text, it can be a story or a poem, that is inspired by some other piece of art.
- This is used to represent a thought or an idea that is abstract.
- This one falls somewhere between a simile and a metaphor and is used for comparison too.
- Mostly used in poems, here we repeat certain words at the beginning of a clause for emphasis.
- This is a kind of speech but it's addressed to someone that is not present in the text.
- In this, we refer to a word indirectly by using a different word. Metonymy literally translates into “change of name”.
- This is used when we need to use only one word so that we can modify two other words.
- Here, words that sound similar are repeated over and over again.
- This is when we continue a sentence from one line and take it to the next in poems.
- Repeating, duh. We use the same word over and over again to emphasize it.
- This is used to define the structure of a poem. More specifically, the structure of its lines.
- The former is when we repeat consonants and the latter is when we repeat vowels in a text.
- This is when we combine words together. Or euphony we combine words that sound good together and for cacophony, it's the opposite.
- This is also repetition but it's the repetition of sounds at the beginning of words.
- Used for characterization. A foil is the type of character that contrasts with another one.
- We use this to create a pattern. It's when similar words are put together.
- You know this. This is when an event of the future is hinted at in the present.
- This is the type of response the writer is able to get from their audience.
- Choice of words. These are the types of words we choose to use to convey some sort of meaning.
- We know this too. It's when a past event interrupts the flow of the present.
So, here you have it…
Now, you know which literary devices are the ones that are most common and you even know their meanings. The next step is to figure out HOW to use them and for this, I have the best suggestion for you….
Why don’t you try an essay writing service?
For real, though.
If you REALLY need to figure this out then hear me. Contact a essay writing service and ask them to use like ten of these literary devices in a paper. This will help you a lot.
And you are wondering how. Well, the answer is rather simple.
How will this help me?
Well, I can give you a million examples but they won't teach you how to use these devices in an essay. I only understand stuff when I write me an essay and use the stuff I have learned in it. So, you need to do the same.
But before that, you need to see how you can use these devices on paper.
Well, an online essay writing service can be of help as they will present you with a MODEL paper. This paper will include all that you need and it will be written by a professional writer.
This means that you get expert help.
Once you get the help that you need, you will analyze your model paper and figure out how they use these literary devices. How they place it in a sentence. What sounds natural and what doesn’t.
Things like that.
After that, you will become a pro and no one will be able to stop you. So, what are you waiting for?
Different Types of Essay Every Student Should Know About
Best Compare and Contrast Examples to Help You Write Better
How Can I Be Sure an Online Essay Writing Service is Not a Scam?
Is It Safe to Get ‘Write My Paper’ Help?
What is the Top-ranked Essay Writing Service?
6 Major Types of Qualitative Research Methods Used Commonly
Should I Get Help from an Urgent Essay Writing Service?